Brewing Characteristics of “FADA” Wine Making Yeast (Alcohol Yeast):
1. Wine Yeast fermentation temperature: 8-20°C;
2. Fermentation degree: 60-66%;
3. The speed of lowering the sugar degree:
(1) 12°C, 7 days, 9.8Bx-4.0Bx;
(2) 15°C, 4 days, 9.8Bx-4.0Bx;
(3) 20°C, 1 day, 9.8Bx-4.5Bx;
4. Strong diacetyl reduction capability, so resulting beers are tastier.
How to use wine yeast (Alcohol Yeast):
1. Rehydration activation:
(1) Dissolve our wine making yeast in wine wort (the wort should satisfy the following conditions: sugar degree: 5-6Bx; temperature: 30-32°C; volume: 5-10 times of the volume of dry yeast;);
(2) 1.5-2 hours later, put the wort mixture into the fermentation vessel.
2. Used in wine houses:
(1) When the fermentation starting temperature is above 15°C, the recommended dosage of dry wine yeast is 0.03%;
and generally in 36-48 hours, when the sugar degree reduced to 4.5Bx, pressure keeping should begin.
Note: When the temperature is 15°C, FADA red wine yeast can directly use for wine fermentation without rehydration activation.
(2) When the fermentation starting temperature is 11°C, the dosage of dry yeast is 0.04%; and pressure keeping usually starts in 48-72 hours.
(3) When the fermentation starting temperature is 8-9°C, the dosage of dry yeast is 0.05%; and the sugar degree can be reduced to 4.5Bx in 5-7 days.
3. Used in wine: wine yeast spread cultivation is adopted
(1) The best wine yeast spread cultivation should begin from 25°C; then the temperature should be lowered gradually (generation by generation) to maintain wine yeasts’ productive trait.
(2) The ideal spread cultivation rate is 1: 5 with an inoculation concentration of 1.0×107–1.5×107 cells/ml.
(3) During the production period, the ideal inoculation concentration of canful yeast is 1.0×107-1.2×107 cells/ml; and the second to the fourth generation wine yeast is the best choice for beer fermentation.
(4) Yeast recovery:
Low temperature (about 0°C) recovery of medium layer wine making yeast is the best. These yeasts have lower mortality and stronger vitality. (Note that the storage time should be no more than 3 days.)
Specifications of “FADA” Activate Wine Yeast (Alcohol Yeast):
1. Quality Index:
Appearance Milky white; rod-like small particles
Total yeast cells ≥200
Total As ≤2.0 mg/kg
Pb ≤2.0 mg/kg
(1) Packing: Vacuum foil wrapping;
3. Shelf life: 18 months in dry and cool places;